The objective of this project is to develop a holistic attack-resilient architecture and layered cyber-physical solution portfolio to protect the critical power grid infrastructure and integrated distributed energy resources (DER) from malicious cyber attacks. Planned components include:
- a DER cyber security framework composed of a set of layered cyber-physical solutions specifically designed for DER integration,
- cyber-physical models that incorporate cyber threats, control, communication, and physical properties of the power grid and dispersed DER,
- a systematic DER resilience analysis methodology and quantifiable resilience metrics,
- DER attack prevention, detection, and response measures across the cyber, physical device, and utility layers of the power system, and
- extensive validation and verification (V&V) of the developed methods through realistic testbed evaluation and industry feedback.